Saturday, September 7, 2013

Chevrolet Silverado K35 Concept

Here are the first two images of the Chevrolet Silverado K35 concept truck. It is the first vehicle that I focused on in my project, and it will be the first completed once I finish additional renders and the interior design.



 Not much has changed from the pencil render shown in my previous post, but I did have to make some changers on the body and the headlights. The edge of the roof now has an additional surface that starts from the hood, travels up the A-pillar, over the doors, and then back down into the bed wall, also shown in the rear view below \/\/\/. The headlgihts have been changed so that they fit more with the theme of the truck. The bumper valance also has a dip in the middle to enlarge the intercooler opening and make more room for the front tow hooks. Working digitally has enabled me to create a cleaner sketch and focus more on the proportions, though I still value traditional medium, especially when I start the initial sketch work for a design.



Compared to the colored pencil sketch, not much has changed in the rear, except for the tailpipe placement. The rear design is supposed to give off a sporty look, while offering good usability, such as the dual-level bumper and the tailgate spoiler, which helps with aerodynamics, but also houses some small cargo storage bins inside (accessed when the tailgate is lowered).



I have yet to finish this truck design. I still have two or four more sketches I wish to complete, and I am still working on the interior. Once those are finished I will upload them in a new post. These renders are also my first fully completed digital renderings, and I liked what I have experienced from the Adobe programs so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment