Wednesday, November 13, 2013

GMC Mjolnir - A quick followup to the previous post.


That last image in the previous post shows the design I decided on. But, for an off road vehicle, I felt that the grille needed a quick revision, and the body shape felt a little narrow. In the above render, the body is wider, the panel under the headlight is cleaner with a single crease running through (instead of two), the bumper still needs some refining, and I added some LED off-road light arrays on the top and on the front bumper. The tow hook connections (a more detailed render of those pieces will be done later on) are a dual design that allows for two tow hook connection points, which would allow for a strong foundation for the LED light array frame. Most importantly, the grille inserts are re-positioned to allow for more enclosure at the bottom. I did this because I noticed some off road vehicles have a high set grille opening to allow for deeper water fording. This truck is meant to be more capable than the old Hummer H2, and even the Ram Powerwagon, and water fording is something I felt was too important to disregard. Right now I am thinking that this new grille revision is the better way to go, or there could be some type of grille shutter system that fully closes the lower sections, though that would add too much complexity. For the most part, I have decided on the front end design, and the body is pretty much close to what I wish to use. The rear end and tailgate design is up next. The rear bumper will carry on General Motors' new corner step feature on the new Sierra pickup trucks, but my design will also incorporate tow hook connections and a rear winch setup (with the challenge of positioning it properly due to the possible extreme tapering of the bumper to allow for massive departure angle).

No comments:

Post a Comment