Friday, April 18, 2014

Chevrolet K35 Design Update

This is just a quick update to show a tweaked design for the K35, detailed in the previous post. This updated design showcases a more balanced overall look with some tweaks on the bumper and the lower body panels on the side. The A-pillars are also angled inward to decrease blindspots and aid in aerodynamics. I have to figure out how to design a complete overhead lamp setup; currently there are only the two side lights but not the middle lights. For those who are not aware, those roof lights are government required to indicate that these trucks are above a certain gross weight rating and exceeding width limits as well. All commercial trucks and tractor trucks have them. On concept designs, they are not required, but because they are a visual statement on dually trucks, I wish to focus on them as part of the design.


The design is still in need of some tweaks here and there, and the rear end is needing some thought as well. Other than that, this design is nearly final. The adaptable bumper design is another thing left to do, but that will be a part of the "special variant" that I plan on doing for each of the trucks in the design project.

Like all of my digital renders, this one is sketched by pencil first and then colored in Adobe Photoshop. In the future, I may rely completely on Photoshop to do these renders. My scanner is getting old and I will have no way of transferring my pencil sketches in the future (I need to watch my wallet right now!).

No comments:

Post a Comment