Monday, February 3, 2014

Desert Mingle


The setting is the famed Bonneville Salt Flats, after a post-apocalyptic event, or the collapse of civilization. The vehicle is a makeshift truck made from old bus and mining truck parts. It is powered by a massive twelve cylinder diesel engine with custom intakes. The chopper in the foreground is built from old chopper parts with some new outlandish ideas thrown onto it. The people are desert bandits who eye their timid enemies approach...

This is a full digital render titled "Desert Mingle". It is a milestone for me because this is the first fully completed artwork I've done entirely on computer. I have finished other digital sketches in this manner, but they were just quick scribbles. I usually start with a pencil sketch and then scan it into Adobe Photoshop and carry on, but I decided to practice my hand at sketching on Photoshop right from the very start.

The sketch was done fully in Adobe Photoshop using standard brushes. On rare occasions, I did use some fancy brushes, such as some cloud brushes that were available for download on Adobe's website. This drawing was done at random, to test my hand at these type of concept renders where the ideas are usually outlandish and bizarre, or lacking in seriousness. It was quite fun, and great practice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for my blog in general, I have been getting busy with some custom chopper design work for a friend down in San Jose. One of the motorcycles is nearing completion, and I hope to upload some things concerning it on my blog when I get permission.

And, the truck design project is coming along slowly due to the motorcycle work, but it is still going strong, and I have many more ideas to test and show in the coming weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment